International exists to help fulfill the simple dreams of the hurting,
helpless and hopeless by raising up a nation of everyday
philanthropists. We are a Canadian Registered Charity (#84378 4364
RR0001) founded by Executive Director, Sam Welten, in 2005. We are based in Petrolia, Ontario
PI has Dream Agents (people that live and work in the field) in several countries around the world -- Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, Ghana and Kyrgyzstan.
Our Dream Agents are on the look-out for people struggling to meet the most basic of needs or the simplest of dreams:
- The child who can’t enroll in school without a uniform (and his family can’t afford to buy one)
- The elderly woman who carries a single light bulb from room to room cause she can’t afford to buy another
- The orphan who has never owned a new pair of shoes
- The bright 15 year old girl who will go blind without an operation that only costs $300
list goes on. Generally, the needs we identify are too small to be
considered for funding from many larger organizations. And that’s where
PI comes in. We are able to connect our donors to specific everyday
needs and dreams of people all over the world. Everyday philanthropists
making a difference one dream at a time - that’s what we’re about.
We believe that everyone can be a philanthropist and that you don't have to be a millionaire to make a difference.
We are working to raise up a nation of "Everyday Philanthropists" in 2 ways...
1. By enlisting an army of iam1ru monthly sponsors who will enable us, via regular giving, to
continue to deploy our Dream Agents on a daily basis in different parts
of the world to personally fulfill the simple needs and dreams of the hurting,
helpless and hopeless that they come in contact with every day.
2. By having Everyday Philanthropists from all over the planet visit our "dream machine" (iam1ru website - DREAMS) and sponsor a dream for us to fulfill.
3. By coming on a trip with us! Go to "trips". You'll be glad you did! (by the way, Sam's crazy, in a good way!)
As that nation is raised, we can expand and reach even more of the
world's hurting, helpless and hopeless with gifts of generosity, hope
We strive to connect "us" to "them". And at that point...we let generosity take over.
Nine year old Jackson Bursey, explains it perfectly...